P-40L tail structure blueprints

ETriggs

Recruit
8
0
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Location
Alabama
I am looking for the technical drawings/blueprints for the tail of the P-40L so that I can begin building a technically correct tail for our museum in the Aerospace Science Engineering department at Tuskegee University. From what I have learned, the Tuskegee Airmen flew the P-40L only, no other version.

I am looking at making this out of correct materials, rivets, etc. I have a list of the materials, standards, etc of the parts but not the blueprint drawings. Does anyone have a source for these?

Thanks!

Eldon
 
Eldon, try Aircraft Manuals Blueprints Video Publications They have listed a CD of P40 blueprints. Another source is the National Air and Space Museum. They have the complete engineering package for the P40 on microfilm. The reason I know this is because one of my clients is restoring to airworthy status a P40M and they have a stack of microfilm reels for the P40 in their shop.

Hope this helps.
 
You can also find something here www.p40warhawk.com.
The quality is not great, but might help a little.

Trak
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back