P-40N Erection and Maint. Instructions (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice! But personally, I find that the achieving erection is much easier with pictures rather than with drawings and text.

Beatuiful landing N692CK-12Jan16_2730s.jpg

P-40N Factory issued Preliminary Erection and Maintenance dated April 3, 1943.

I thought I had a good win with this photocopy of the P-40N Erection and Maintenance

Cover is good heavy card with tape binding and studs (under the tape).

Contents copied by ??? from an original from the RAAF Museum Pt Cook. Problem is the fold-outs were not shrunk so copying something 11 high on to paper only 10" high does not work. And the person doing the copy did not give a fig about lining up the pages in the copier, shrinking them to fit the paper, cleaning the glass or cleaning the corona wire.

At first I thought the photocopy was done by the RAAFM (it is their shoddy standard) but when I got it apart I realised all the pages were American paper sizes. There is no way the RAAF Museum would go to the considerable trouble to get American paper sizes so that means the copy was almost certainly done in the USA. Given this was a copy of an original (there were no shadows of additional punch holes indicating a copy of a copy) and there is no way the RAAFM would copy in US page sizes I strongly suspect that the original manual has "emigrated" from the RAAFM to the USA

1707129683863.png
1707129750339.png

This fold-out is typical of the fold-outs in this copy - top and one side of text missing.

Attachments

• P-40N Preliminary E&M (43-04-03) ww2 OCR.pdf
    12.8 MB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back