P-40s "particularly difficult to handle"?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SAAB J 21A. Bell XP-77. FM-1 Airacuda. Boeing B-29. Budd RB-1. Consolidated B-24. Curtiss CW-24 and XP-55. Dornier Do-335. Douglas XBT2D-1 and XTB2D-1. XB-42. C-54/R5DFairchild C-82. Fokker D.XXIII. GAL.38. Go.244. Heston JC.6. Interstate TDR-1. Lockheed XP-58. B-26 Marauder. XP-67 Bat. Me 309. Miles M.30X and M.33. M.35 / 39. Myasishev DVB-102. G5N. G8N. North American B-25. XB-28. P-56. P-61. Northrop N9M and XB-35 / 49. Ki-94. P-54. Yokosuka R2Y.

Not all fighters, but all nosewheels.

Well, he did qualify his statement with the adjectives "operational" and "fighter", to be fair.

We had no problem with Osprey on significant/large captions on our images - although the process of separating image/caption from text caused a couple of errors in final copy. The worst was someone at Osprey naming the A-36 "Apache" after the final edits. We began with a 100 page 100 image limit, final 352 pages - 250 images.
Ours is going to be in their X-Planes series, 80 page limit with 60 illustrations. Sounds like you managed to broaden their horizons! They're pretty strict about the X-Planes series, all of those look very similar in size but I think I'll just test the waters with our assigned editor and see if we can get some wiggle room. We just went through a very painful process this morning of brutally cutting out things we'd spent literally years accumulating, to try and get down to our contractual limit - and still didn't make it...

Ours is going to be in their X-Planes series, 80 page limit with 60 illustrations. Sounds like you managed to broaden their horizons! They're pretty strict about the X-Planes series, all of those look very similar in size but I think I'll just test the waters with our assigned editor and see if we can get some wiggle room. We just went through a very painful process this morning of brutally cutting out things we'd spent literally years accumulating, to try and get down to our contractual limit - and still didn't make it...
To a degree, Osprey gave up on us when Gruenhagen wrote the Foreward, stating that our project covered in detail what needed to be addressed. After that there were no more plea's to limit to 150 pages.

To a degree, Osprey gave up on us when Gruenhagen wrote the Foreward, stating that our project covered in detail what needed to be addressed. After that there were no more plea's to limit to 150 pages.
I think we may try that ourselves, if we can find an eminent authority to go to bat for us. If not, then I'm going to start writing what we informally call "The Big Book" just to get our research organized and recorded. In today's world anything can happen, and it would be a shame if the results of 3 years of research were to just be lost if something were to happen to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back