P-47 B, C, D Pilot operating manual - can anyone point me to a link?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

drgondog

Major
9,867
7,098
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Location
Scurry, Texas
I would like to get the early P-47 B, C, D operating manual.

Does anyone have a link for it?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
 
I have 2, a January 1943 and a November 1943.

The Jan'43 manual is early enough that the Specific Engine Flight Chart still references "100 OCTANE (AMEND. #4)" which is the designation for US made AN-F-27 Amendment 4 100/125 grade fuel. It also talks about the 200 USgal ferry tank in the fuel system section.

The Nov'43 manual has some updated sections in it, I think from early-'44(?) but am not sure. An example is that it references the 'flat' 150 USgal drop tank in the fuel system section, and there is information on the water injection system for the P-47D-5-RE model.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I have 2, a January 1943 and a November 1943.

The Jan'43 manual is early enough that the Specific Engine Flight Chart still references "100 OCtANE (AMEND. #4)" which is the designation for US made AN-F-27 Amendment 4 100/125 grade fuel. It also talks about the 200 USgal ferry tank in the fuel system section.

The Nov'43 manual has some updated sections in it, I think from early-'44(?) but am not sure. An example is that it references the 'flat' 150 USgal drop tank in the fuel system section, and there is information on the water injection system for the P-47D-5-RE model.
Thomas - Thank You very much.
 
I would like to get the early P-47 B, C, D operating manual.

Does anyone have a link for it?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
 

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back