P-47 Fowler flap diagrams

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jackl

Recruit
May 18, 2007
I am looking for a diagram of the parts that make up the flap mechanism on the P-47. I am trying to replicate the fowler flaps used on the P-47 (in 1/4 scale), but cannot find any technical drawings such as would be found in the P-47 parts catalogue or perhaps in a repair manual.

Thanks!
Jack

Jack,

If you can tell me the model of the P-47 (i.e., B,C,D razorback, D bubble top, N, etc.) that you are interested in, I might be able to help.

Bill

Bill,
I am interested in the D model Razorback. I believe that most models had essentially the same actuating mechanism, although the size of the flap itself differed.

Jack

Hello Jackl
I have been looking for information about the P-47 fowler flaps too. I have bought some books: Osprey, In detail and In scale, Dai Nippon Kaiga Aero Detail, Squadron; all of them offer good historical text, good photos, scale drawings but not in deep technical mechanism information.
In the MBI P-47 thundebolt publication, page 45, appears a flaps and wing deployed section. And in page 74an structural drawing of the wing (both are small).
I think that the 'Erection and Maintenance Manual' or 'Parts catalogue' are the only good sources to obtain a good technical info. However I have found some scarce but very clarifier info in the web. Try this sites.
http://www.master194.com/maquettes/serge_m/p-47_bubble/37.jpg
( a parts manual drawing of the flaps actuator)
http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Images/P-47/47HYDRO.jpg
( a diagram of the Hydraulic system where you can see the part 16 which 'push' the actuator rod)
More P-47 Suff
Design Analysis of the P-47 Thunderbolt
( a technical description of the plane with: rwebs.net/avhistory/images/flap.jpg a good flap structure schematic)
Iam looking for P-47 ' s control stick mechanism actuator and the connection to push rod that move ailerons and elevator info.
I hope this info could help you.

Hello,
from technical manual Armée de l'Air 1952

flaps.jpg

Last edited:
the link of technical manual Armée de l'Air 1952 is not working anymore, has anyone the picture waroff has posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back