P-47 Fowler flap diagrams

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jackl

Recruit
May 18, 2007
I am looking for a diagram of the parts that make up the flap mechanism on the P-47. I am trying to replicate the fowler flaps used on the P-47 (in 1/4 scale), but cannot find any technical drawings such as would be found in the P-47 parts catalogue or perhaps in a repair manual.

Thanks!
Jack

Jack,

If you can tell me the model of the P-47 (i.e., B,C,D razorback, D bubble top, N, etc.) that you are interested in, I might be able to help.

Bill

Bill,
I am interested in the D model Razorback. I believe that most models had essentially the same actuating mechanism, although the size of the flap itself differed.

Jack

Hello Jackl
I have been looking for information about the P-47 fowler flaps too. I have bought some books: Osprey, In detail and In scale, Dai Nippon Kaiga Aero Detail, Squadron; all of them offer good historical text, good photos, scale drawings but not in deep technical mechanism information.
In the MBI P-47 thundebolt publication, page 45, appears a flaps and wing deployed section. And in page 74an structural drawing of the wing (both are small).
I think that the 'Erection and Maintenance Manual' or 'Parts catalogue' are the only good sources to obtain a good technical info. However I have found some scarce but very clarifier info in the web. Try this sites.
http://www.master194.com/maquettes/serge_m/p-47_bubble/37.jpg
( a parts manual drawing of the flaps actuator)
http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Images/P-47/47HYDRO.jpg
( a diagram of the Hydraulic system where you can see the part 16 which 'push' the actuator rod)
More P-47 Suff
Design Analysis of the P-47 Thunderbolt
( a technical description of the plane with: rwebs.net/avhistory/images/flap.jpg a good flap structure schematic)
Iam looking for P-47 ' s control stick mechanism actuator and the connection to push rod that move ailerons and elevator info.
I hope this info could help you.

the link of technical manual Armée de l'Air 1952 is not working anymore, has anyone the picture waroff has posted?

Users who are viewing this thread