P-47 water tank

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HammerUK9

Recruit
Mar 23, 2012
Evening all,

I'm trying to get some more information on the water-injection storage tank for the P-47 (specifically -D-25 and later), as part of a 1/32 diorama I'm doing.

The kit part that I'm sure will need to be modified looks like this when mounted:

WaterTank.jpg

While the references I can find show the tank as looking like this:

11499%2520Republic%2520P47%2520Thunderbolt.jpg

w_p47_thunderbolt_kbely_13.jpg

Note how the actual tank is an awful lot smaller, more elliptical and with sloping sides - it looks more like the core of the kit tank

My dilemma is this: The latter of the two photos is from a -D-5 model, and the former is, at best, a -D-22. I am modelling a -D-28. I know from a reference that the water tank capacity was increased in the -D-25, but I can find no pictures to show the change. I don't want to make any changes to the kit part unless ALL the evidence I can find agrees - I've already made this mistake with the oil tank :)

So, any pictures or evidence to state, one way or the other, what the water tanks were like in later model P-47s, would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Tim

Thanks a lot Aaron!

There's some really useful stuff in there - particularly the IPC - I know it's only for the Razorback, but it's given me a really good layout of the plumbing and also the demarcation of some of the access panels. A great find, thank you sir! :salute:

Cheers,

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back