P-51 NAA/NACA 45-100 airfoil graph

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In the image shown below, you can see that the P-51 wing airfoils vary across the span (BL is the distance from the aircraft centerline in inches).

I've also attached images of the pressure distribution calculated on a P-51D at representative flight conditions. These images show that the wing pressure distribution varies quite a bit across the span.
Isnt that how it should be?

Hello,
Just a question (sorry for the little thread hijacking): are you the person that also made the comparaison of drag between the spit9/fw190a+d/p51B and another one i forgot , a few years ago?

Bingo! (thanks for finding it for me :salute: )
Yes, this is the one.
Its been posted here on the forum before, I recognised the graphic too, but the same data will produce the same result I suppose. Its a great read, although some is above my pay grade.

Its a great read, although some is above my pay grade.
Indeed, it's a great read, now need to find the time to read the p51 vsaero simulation provided on pg1, even if i know i won't understand half of it, i'm sure it will be interesting.
The goal of my request was actually fw190 related.(that why i hijacked the thread, maybe i should have use the PM for this, sorry Modos :oops: ) Wanted to hear about the famous "tightening the turn" , if this is actually possible to analyse in vsaero ( or openvsp?) and if this is more like a legend and is this virifiable.

Indeed, it's a great read, now need to find the time to read the p51 vsaero simulation provided on pg1, even if i know i won't understand half of it, i'm sure it will be interesting.
The goal of my request was actually fw190 related.(that why i hijacked the thread, maybe i should have use the PM for this, sorry Modos :oops: ) Wanted to hear about the famous "tightening the turn" , if this is actually possible to analyse in vsaero ( or openvsp?) and if this is more like a legend and is this virifiable.
I dont know what you mean by "tightening the turn" and whether it is a legend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back