P-51 with a pair of buzzbomb engines attached?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rubenova

Airman
Dec 28, 2016
Anymore info on this. Test flight info etc?

Attachments

• with 2 german V1 pulsejet boosters.png
    with 2 german V1 pulsejet boosters.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 22
They were Ford PJ-31-1 pulsejets and were a trial. The results were similar to the Soviet experiments on piston engined aircraft with added pulsejets, an increase in top speed when in use, but with excessive fuel consumption and high drag when not, the idea was dropped soon after the tests.

Pulsejet powered aircraft were even tested by Germany, most notably the Me328.

The problem with dual pulsejets, is their cycle oscillation and the inability to synchronize them.

Add to that, the tremendous resonance the engines created, which was really hard on a pilot's body.

Pulsejet powered aircraft were even tested by Germany, most notably the Me328.

The problem with dual pulsejets, is their cycle oscillation and the inability to synchronize them.

Add to that, the tremendous resonance the engines created, which was really hard on a pilot's body.
Clearly these make sense only on unmanned aircraft.

That's what I was imagining Snautzer01, a single seat commuter jet. Thanks or the pix!

Landing will be a tad rough. And final. And loud. But other that yes. A single seat commuter. Great idea.
A while back I saw a Ukrainian test drone with a pulse motor - the idea being that it would fly fast, not far, and be cheaper than a small turbojet. Did the project get anywhere?

That's' what I was thinking RichardSuhkoi. I haven't heard of the Ukraine project.

Mods for safe landing would be good Snautzer01 =)

A while back I saw a Ukrainian test drone with a pulse motor - the idea being that it would fly fast, not far, and be cheaper than a small turbojet. Did the project get anywhere?
Details:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back