P47-Thunderbolt ? X42?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For a post war air show, could the P-47 be painted in the livery of a notable pilot, not actually be his plane at that time, as some do today?

No 79th Fighter Group pilot was an ace while serving so a pilot must gave transferred his kills from another Group/Squadron. Capt. Fred Borsodi scored 4 victories while serving with 86th Squadron

There is another publication with foto material on this subject. Called Vleugels Der Victorie (Wings of victory).
Written by Pat Beentjes and Luuk Boerman, published by Dutch Profile Puiblications in Holland. More info www.dutchprofile.nl
It is written in dutch. Most of their publications are dutch/english.
ISBN/EAN 978-94-90092-11-6

No 79th Fighter Group pilot was an ace while serving so a pilot must gave transferred his kills from another Group/Squadron. Capt. Fred Borsodi scored 4 victories while serving with 86th Squadron

Unless the markings depict the total number of claims made by pilots flying that airframe? I know that's unusual but it is another plausible explanation.

I think the IJNAF did that. I remember reading a Japanese pilot's saying he may have frightened off enemy planes due to an impressive score on the fuselage. Saburo Sakai when a novice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back