Pe-2 flaps

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tokkotai

Airman
May 1, 2016
Hi all,
Are there any photos of the Pe-2 flap area in the underside wing-not the moving part?
Cheers,
Panagiotis

OK. I'll try to find something ... but as memo serves the flap bays could be covered with a skin although the wing structure there consisted of the aerofoils and stringers.

I haven't found any clear shot of the wing detail. Neither books on my shelf nor the net sources can provide a clear image. However I gathered a couple of pics from the web that may be useful. As I said the flap bays were covered with a matal skin. The covering had the round lightening holes and rectangular/oval appertures for the flap actuators. Below the shots I found. The two first enlarged ones show the structures seen with the flaps slightly lowered down both for the inner flap and the outer one.

pe-2 wing_a.jpg

pe-2 wing_c.jpg

pe-2 wing_b.jpg

pe-2 flap_b.jpg

flap1.jpg

flap2.jpg

flap3.jpg

the source: the net.

Thank you very much for your reply and the nice photos! They''ll be definitely of great help!:)

My pleasure. :wave:

BTW ..have you been working on the next great detailed model?

Yes, I've been working on a B-24D project in four separate modular dioramas for quite some time now. I'll post photos as soon as I got time. :)
Regards,
Panagiotis

Yes, I've been working on a B-24D project in four separate modular dioramas for quite some time now. I'll post photos as soon as I got time. :)
Regards,
Panagiotis

Great ! Keeping my fingers crossed ... :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back