Pe-2 flaps

Tokkotai

Airman
56
25
Joined
May 1, 2016
Hi all,
Are there any photos of the Pe-2 flap area in the underside wing-not the moving part?
Cheers,
Panagiotis
 
OK. I'll try to find something ... but as memo serves the flap bays could be covered with a skin although the wing structure there consisted of the aerofoils and stringers.
 
I haven't found any clear shot of the wing detail. Neither books on my shelf nor the net sources can provide a clear image. However I gathered a couple of pics from the web that may be useful. As I said the flap bays were covered with a matal skin. The covering had the round lightening holes and rectangular/oval appertures for the flap actuators. Below the shots I found. The two first enlarged ones show the structures seen with the flaps slightly lowered down both for the inner flap and the outer one.

pe-2 wing_a.jpg

pe-2 wing_c.jpg

pe-2 wing_b.jpg


pe-2 flap_b.jpg


flap1.jpg

flap2.jpg

flap3.jpg

the source: the net.
 
Thank you very much for your reply and the nice photos! They''ll be definitely of great help!:)
 
My pleasure. :wave:

BTW ..have you been working on the next great detailed model?
 
Yes, I've been working on a B-24D project in four separate modular dioramas for quite some time now. I'll post photos as soon as I got time. :)
Regards,
Panagiotis
 
Yes, I've been working on a B-24D project in four separate modular dioramas for quite some time now. I'll post photos as soon as I got time. :)
Regards,
Panagiotis


Great ! Keeping my fingers crossed ... :thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back