Private Messages

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
Ok, I must be really stupid...but I've just spent a great deal of time trying to find the saved (or even sent) Private Messages with no success.

I see that PMs are now referred to as "conversations", and I have been through the "conversations" list and found all the received messages, but nothing else.

Also seem to be having trouble finding a link or anything that directs me to posts or threads of mine.

I'm having the same problems. Can't figure out how to see if there are new posts since the last time I've checked on threads I've been looking at and in general finding it very hard to get around.

If there are new posts you can find the info as the red rectangle with the number of new posts at the top bar next to the Alerts icon ( the Bell). If you click the red icon you will be moved to the recent posts.

If you need to see your posts move the cursor over your nick and from appeared menu choose the option Your Content. Also there is the Conversations one for accessing your PMs.

If there are new posts you can find the info as the red rectangle with the number of new posts at the top bar next to the Alerts icon ( the Bell). If you click the red icon you will be moved to the recent posts.

If you need to see your posts move the cursor over your nick and from appeared menu choose the option Your Content. Also there is the Conversations one for accessing your PMs.
While that's really helpful, it still doesn't address the fact that there are no seperate folders for sent/recieved PMs (now referred to as "conversations"), sent and received private messages are all in one long list.

The same goes for posts and threads. It appears that you have to go down the list of posts and figure out when you created a thread, there is no distinction between the two.

GrauGeist GrauGeist thanks for that, I'm not sure the sent messages imported proper...I still have the data on old db, not gone.

Let me play around with the database and see what needs to be done.
Thanks for checking on that and thanks for going to all this trouble to keep the forum going!

Have some bacon! :D

o-BUNGLE-570.jpg
So henceforth you will be known as 'Zippy' ...... or would you prefer Bungle ?
Well Bungle was at least grey !

my bad, Bungle was not grey !

Last edited:
I vote with Dave I've finally figured out the "magnifying glass" icon to get to "Your Posts" but it is not the same as on the old forum which had "My Replies". Where every thread I had replied to was listed and threads with new posts were in boldface. Can we get a My Replies type button?

Also at the bottom of the convo is a box you can check that allows anyone in the convo to invite anyone else to the convo as well.

Not sure if I like that.

If a convo is indeed a private message, it should remain private. The other party should not be able to invite others to the convo.

I vote with Dave I've finally figured out the "magnifying glass" icon to get to "Your Posts" but it is not the same as on the old forum which had "My Replies". Where every thread I had replied to was listed and threads with new posts were in boldface. Can we get a My Replies type button?

Check this new setup https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/topics/activity

Your Activity link at top next to new posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back