Propeller Nose Cone/Spinner ID Help (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Combloc

Recruit
May 21, 2023
Hello everyone. This was given to me and I would like to know what it goes to if you folks can identify it.
IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

It's a three blade spinner and I'm assuming it's American or British made because the serial number stamp inside is in English. It's about 2 1/2 feet long and 1'10" across. The man who gave it to me was under the impression it came off a C47 but I know that can't be right. My wife and I have been scouring the internet for quite some time and we are coming up empty handed. I'm assuming it is military because there are traces of olive drab paint inside where the steel locator pins are mounted. You can't tell from the picture but there is a small hole at the tip. I can provide any pictures/measurements needed. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Very interesting! Going to take a wild guess here, but I think it might be Brtitish, as the font style of the serial number doesn't look like a U.S. style. It might be from a Lockheed 049 Constellation, as they used three blade props and airlines in Europe and the UK flew them. Too bulbous and rounded for a DC-6, and the DC-7 and L-079/1049 Connies had four blade props. Maybe one of the UK civil or military twins? Definitely not a Boeing 377 spinner, either, as they all had four blade props. Not much help, I'm afraid!
Mike
Hello everyone. This was given to me and I would like to know what it goes to if you folks can identify it.
View attachment 721893

View attachment 721894

It's a three blade spinner and I'm assuming it's American or British made because the serial number stamp inside is in English. It's about 2 1/2 feet long and 1'10" across. The man who gave it to me was under the impression it came off a C47 but I know that can't be right. My wife and I have been scouring the internet for quite some time and we are coming up empty handed. I'm assuming it is military because there are traces of olive drab paint inside where the steel locator pins are mounted. You can't tell from the picture but there is a small hole at the tip. I can provide any pictures/measurements needed. Thank you for your time.

After going down the Constellation research path, we're pretty sure the spinner does come from some variation of the Constellation. The man who gave us the spinner has now given us the base plate too. It's neat to own a small piece of such an iconic part of aviation History. Thanks for your help folks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back