Reproduction StG's ! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess if you are a collector they would have some appeal. Cheaper than the genuine article, and better than not having one for your collection.

I dont think they would be all that useful for hunting, and really, they are designed for one purpose, to kill people, and lots of them. As a target rifle for serious competition, I wouldnt have thought them to be all that great either.

I would like to have a look at one up close, look closely at the mechanism, and the balance etc, but after the examination, well, I could leave it just as much as take it

They are the sort of weapon that disturbed school kids prefer, IMO

If they could bring the price down to that comparable to an AR15 and the ammo was reasonable, a lot of folks in the US would buy then for fun shooting. Don't recall the ballistics of 8mmK, but it might work on deer. where I live, 7.62x39 and 5.56/.223 are both legal for deer with soft point ammunition. The state of New Mexico also has no magazine capacity limit on hunting rifles, so theoretically, I could throw a 30 round magazine of soft points in my AR15 and head for the woods. Not that I would of course, one of my Lee Enfields and 5 rounds would be more than enough to do the job.

Snaring game is not as popular over here. The US never had quite the same view of "poaching" that the UK did or does. You didn't have to worry about the game keeper hearing you popping away at your dinner. No "King's deer" on this side of the pond, and for the early settlers, hunting was a survival necessity. So snaring is used mostly by fur trappers, or taught as an emergency survival skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back