Request info: hydraulic clutch DB60(1/3/5) series

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Azimech

Airman
Oct 30, 2010
Hello everyone!

New here, but this feels like Valhalla :) I'm a big fan of big radials including the R3350 TC, and the exotic systems used on the german fighters.

I'm searching the net for any information and technical drawings, exploded views etc. of the hydraulic clutch that was used to drive the supercharger on the Bf109, including the barometric pressure regulator. If anyone has links to such info, I would be grateful.

Haven't used the search here yet for the Kommandogerät, but if anyone has links to info about that device too, again, I would be very happy.

Thank you for your time.

I don't have any links to this, just the actual parts and manuals. If I can find some help to do the posting I will get some stuff on this site. I realize that a lot of people would love to see any of this so as I learn to do the attachments etc I will start a new thread.
Mike

here are some photos of a clutch going together last week.
I have a report from 1941 but the files for each page are 8.5 mb and won't upload. I have 8 pages or the whole report is 22 pages. Any Ideals on attaching?
Mike
I am not having any luck attaching
will try later

Azimech,

I've posted below a picture of the DB hydraulic coupling.

This is probably the most spectacular one available because of the colour! If you look carefully, you will see the part of the duplex coupling driven by the engine is the two OUTER sides (colored red) of the Fottinger couplings, while the inner pair(pink) is connected to the impeller.

This is the opposite to the early DB couplings and it was introduced because it was easier to cool the outer parts. If you look at the end of the arrow on the "Kuhl Ol", you can see the oil sprays in brown.

Attachments

• DB 605 SC jpeg.jpg
    DB 605 SC jpeg.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 420
here are some photos of a clutch going together last week.
I have a report from 1941 but the files for each page are 8.5 mb and won't upload. I have 8 pages or the whole report is 22 pages. Any Ideals on attaching?
Mike
I am not having any luck attaching
will try later

8,5 MB is a bit large, converting them to JPEG should do the trick. What's the size in pixels of the photo's? I could upload them to Photobucket if you like, and/or convert every page for you.

@ JerryW, What a beautiful image! Thank you! If you have a larger version, please let me know, it could become a nice poster :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back