Smithsonian German Fighter Manual Listings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jimbob

Airman 1st Class
Oct 10, 2016
Tucson, Arizona
Not sure if I have the correct thread here. I found in my archives from 20 years ago of the Smithsonian Captured Archives a listing of manuals on film strips. Back in the day, I wrote a letter to them and they mailed me a printed listing of the film strips they had on a given air frame. I was able to order the film strips from the archives. I am listing them here in PDF in the hopes that someone can use the internet to get these files. Yes, I do have several on the 35mm film strips. Lots of good stuff here.

Attachments

• Bf 109 F G K Me 209 210 262 410.pdf
    46.4 MB · Views: 390
  • Fw 190 A B C D F G Ta 152 Me 109 209 309.pdf
    42.7 MB · Views: 346
  • Fw190D and F Fw254 Ta152 Ta154 Me109K Me209.pdf
    22.5 MB · Views: 194
  • Archives Division MRC 322 Instructions.pdf
    8.7 MB · Views: 288
Those people chasing the FW-190 autopilot should look at these. I cannot remember who it is and a search did not find who it was so if anyone else knows please let them know.

Nice thank you.

looks like

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the large files, but I wanted to keep them together. Found these in a box that was in storage for years. This was from 1999 when you had to write or visit them to gain access to these files. I am not sure if you can go to a website now to download them. I hope so. I ordered a few back in the day, but they were on film strips. I do have a reader, but that really isn't very efficient and there is no way to copy them.

You can go to a website and make an inquiry (one per 90 days from memory) and they will reply by snail mail after several months because they need more staff but cannot have them. That said the answer is comprehensive and well worth the wait.
I forget the microfilm duplication time but I am fairly sure it is around 2 months. Nothing is on PDF yet. My last hard copy order took about 3 months but some of that was snail mail time to Australia - I did not look at the date posted but Australia Post often takes two weeks to deliver international track and trace mail from the time it clears customs in Sydney - that works out as an average of under 150 km/100 miles per day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back