Soviet Regiments Aircraft Variant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May 8, 2017
Santiago
Hi!
I guess you may all know this absolutely great page
Soviet Armed Forces 1945-1991

This got me interested in info about specific variants of aircraft used by the Soviet Air Force. For example, here
20th Guards Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment
Yak-9 vs Yak-9M or Yak-9D.
I'm having trouble finding this kind of information, specific variants used by a Soviet Regiment, compared with USAAF squadrons or Luftwaffe JG's and KG's, which are more available in that regard, for example
Jagdgeschwader 1 (World War II) - Wikipedia
56th Operations Group - Wikipedia

So, if I'm searching the variants of planes used by some regiments, could you point me in the right direction?

The Red Star Series of books (I have them) has some of what you're looking for, but it's not in a table like other places. I don't have the time to collect this information. Here's a few examples.

Yak-1: 1942 Lt. Zakharov Baltic Fleet/73rd IAP
Yak-7A: A. V. Chirkov 29th GvIAP
Yak-9D: M. I. Grib 6th GvIAP

You can get them here or probably other places.

Yakovlev's Piston-Engined Fighters (Red Star Volume 5) by Gordon, Yefim et al: Midland Publishing 9781857801408 Soft cover, 1st Edition - TransAmerica Books

Last edited:
The Red Star Series of books (I have them) has some of what you're looking for, but it's not in a table like other places. I don't have the time to collect this information. Here's a few examples.

Yak-1: 1942 Lt. Zakharov Baltic Fleet/73rd IAP
Yak-7A: A. V. Chirkov 29th GvIAP
Yak-9D: M. I. Grib 6th GvIAP

You can get them here or probably other places.

Yakovlev's Piston-Engined Fighters (Red Star Volume 5) by Gordon, Yefim et al: Midland Publishing 9781857801408 Soft cover, 1st Edition - TransAmerica Books
This is great!!!!!!
Do they have specific dates? For example
Yak-9D: M. I. Grib 6th GvIAP, from date_1 to date_2
What else do they have?
Thanks!

I've read these books cover to cover a few times, but my 61 YO mind doesn't recollect what all is written. Give me a few days to scan through some of the writings about in service use. I'm sure there will be some dates mentioned, but how many is unknown from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back