Soviet Tachometer - Aircraft ID?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all,
I have a Russian tachometer (0-3000 RPM) from a piston-engine aircraft in my collection, and I'm trying to confirm the era of its use and the aircraft which may have used it. It doesn't have any other marking on its case or a data label. It seems to me to be 1940-50's vintage, but I'm looking for help to confirm. Clearly not for a high rev engine. There is an interesting red stamp with a star on the face glass.... any ideas of its significance?
IMG_5956_1024x1024.jpg

You can see it here, along with other instruments in my artifact collection:
Tachometer, USSR 0-3000 RPM

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

It could have came from a number of aircraft. Understand that instruments in many cases are considered "standard parts" and are built to a specification that may make their use applicable and available to a number of different aircraft. The west, Soviets and eastern Bloc adopted a similar policy. There's always an exception to this "rule" but unless you're talking about a highly specialized aircraft, its hard to pinpoint instruments to specific aircraft unless they are marked.

I looked in some publications I had as well as some on line cockpit photos and couldn't narrow it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back