Spitfire Mk.II instrument panel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finn-R

Airman
Nov 10, 2013
Espergaerde, Denmark
Hi.
I'm about to begin the work on the instrument panel on my model Spitfire Mk.II (scale 1:7) and I would be really happy if anyone out there could provide me with a good (color) picture of the panel.
I have been "googling" it but I get so many different results that it's not even funny.

Cheers

Not sure if you have a typo there. Is it a 1:7 scale model of the instrument panel or an instrument panel for a 1/72 scale model Spitfire?

If the latter then you really have little to worry about as it would be difficult to pick out the very few colours on the panel.

If you want detailed colour pics, try looking for pics of restored Spitfire II P7350.

Not sure if you have a typo there. Is it a 1:7 scale model of the instrument panel or an instrument panel for a 1/72 scale model Spitfire?

If the latter then you really have little to worry about as it would be difficult to pick out the very few colours on the panel.

If you want detailed colour pics, try looking for pics of restored Spitfire II P7350.

No typo., I'm afraid. :)
It's a 1:7 scale balsa Spitfire Mk.II (the whole plane) and I need to do the instrument panel.

0505 Cockpit.JPG

Ah, yes so you will have lots to see then. I can only suggest you start with B&W pics and callouts from the Pilot's Notes found in post number 2 here: Spitfire Manuals

Using that, you can compare with colour pics from a Google search to see what's similar and what's not.

Hi.
I'm about to begin the work on the instrument panel on my model Spitfire Mk.II (scale 1:7) and I would be really happy if anyone out there could provide me with a good (color) picture of the panel.
I have been "googling" it but I get so many different results that it's not even funny.

Cheers
Hope this may be of assistance:
View: https://www.scribd.com/document/6291510/IL-2-Sturmovik-1946-Aircraft-Guide

I would suggest anyone interested in WWII aircraft, play Ubisoft IL-2 Sturmovik video game, version 1946 is the most current and complete A/C list

A2ASimulations have very accurate Aircraft for Flightsim (FSX & P3D) including the Spitfire Mk1 & Mk II
Here is a Screenshot of the panel from my copy:-
Spitfire Mk II Panel.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back