Supermarine Walrus

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bullo Loris

Senior Airman
Oct 14, 2006
Hi,

other questions mate what the differences between Mk.I (Revell) and Mk.II (Airfix)

Regards.

Loris

Outwardly there is little, if any difference, as far as the kits are concerned. The MkI had a metal hull, and served chiefly with the Royal Navy, Fleet Air Arm and Commonwealth navies, whilst the MKII, which served mainly with RAF Air Sea Rescue squadrons, had a wooden hull. The Airfix kit is very old and basic, dating from the late 1950's, although reasonably accurate in shape etc. The Revell kit is the ex- Matchbox kit, from the late 1970's or early 1980's, and possibly a better choice, although still fairly basic.Ii believe Matt 308 has a thread somewhere in the modelling section covering the latter kit.

I don't know what the differnces in the kits are. It's over forty years since I last saw the Airfix kit, and haven't seen the Matchbox/Revell kit, as i don't do 1/72nd scale. Just going off the dates of manufacture of the kits, I would think the Revell would be the better kit though. Find the thread I mentioned, and you will see the kit and what's involved. I think it was in the 'Start to Finish Builds' section.

I hate to throw a spanner in the works terry but there is also an 1/48 scale walrus made by SMER its pretty cheap and needs a fair bit of scratch biulding to bring it up to scratch.BB

There are really no differences between MkI and MkII, Airframes I know that the Revell kit was the Matchbox kit with new decals...

Big difference between the MkI and MkII in real life. One had a wooden hull/fuselage, the other metal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back