This makes me proud

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never heard about pow camps in U-bahn tunnels. :)

@Spektre, If you find out anything about your grandfather's experience in France, I would be very interested. Especially if he has been on the pilotline to Spain. This line was an international affair, running from The Netherlands through Belgium and France, all natonalities taking over in their respctive country. My grandfather has been working on this in The Netherlands. I collected quite a few stories of pilots following this path to freedom and would like to know if your grandfather has been on this one as well.

I'll give it a shot my Grandmother is 93 yrs old and she's starting to go. Maybe one of my aunts will know more about this. I think I was around 11 years old last time he ever spoke of the war that I could remember.

My Grandfather was in the 640th Bombardment Squadron of the 409th Bomber Group! Oh and I was wrong, he was a crew member aboard Douglas A/B-26 Invader's. Now I just need to know why he was shot down over France i.e. mission details if not classified.

Linky: http://www.deridderarmyairbase.com/images/640thBombSqdnHx_p112to137.pdf

Here's the emblem, I WILL be re-making this logo as an .AI file!

640th_Bombardment_Squadron_-_Emblem.png

there is a guy named Frank Oliphant or something to that effect. he is the one i got my copies of my dad's combat reports from. i cant remember how i tracked him down....i dont know what all records he archived. it may have been through the 8th AF society...the 9th has a historical society as well.

Ninth Air Force Association

or throught the archives site.

World War II Records

but to tell you the truth i would be digging through any box i could find at his house..in the attic..etc. i found all kinds of great stuff after my father died....all military records...mission lists, old flight manuals....stuff i wished i had had 20 years ago...not to mention a ton of pictures of people he could identify but no one can now. if you have access i would go-a-hunting. you never know what goodies you may come up with. now you have a new skin to make too! lol good luck

Hey man thank you for all of that info! Yes I hope I can make a skin but I do not think the A-26 is in the game but I will check. I know the A-20G is though and they look similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back