Tony Gaze's Spitfire MkXIV codes...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SteveH

Airman
Hi there,
Has anyone got some detail on Gaze's Spitfire MkXIV squadron codes? Part of my research library was destoyed recently, and I am doing a painting of it.

Thanks,

Steve

I have "Six Aces" upstairs - think there's some codes in there. Can't get at it for a few hours though, wife baby sleeping...

Hi:

DW-U
DW-T
DW-F
above are 610 Squadron. The book lists the claims made on these aircraft.

EB-E
EB-B
above are 41 Squadron. Ditto re: claims.

I'm positive I've seen one of Tony Gaze's Spitfires as a current Aussie warbird, somewhere in QLD. Will look for link.

What part of Sydney are you in? Artarmon here, near Chatswood.

Mhuxt,
Thanks for your info, and apologies for the slow delay. If you have some profiles, that would be good, but I'll keep looking. I didn't know there were any Mk14's flying in Oz.

I'm real close to you, just over in Cremorne. I've just taken a break from the easel, having remembered I posted this enquiry.

Cheers,

Steve

Hiya Steve:

The aircraft I linked to isn't a flyer, so far as I know. Still under restoration IIRC.

I had a look in the Shores/Thomas 2nd TAF books - Tony Gaze's EB-E was SM823. Will have a look for the other serials if you like - let me know.

Cremorne's a nice little part of the world, though I really only know the stretch along Military Road with all the Japanese eateries.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks again Mark. I just realised that I have a copy of 'Six Aces' - I'll check it tonight.

I'm on the Middle Harbour side of Cremorne - very quiet, water glimpses etc.. Wouldn't mind a change though.

Cheers,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back