Train Collision

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You have similar interlocking signal systems as we do Track. that is why I was referring to trains AWS and video train drivers non response to it. Thats why I believe it was a contrieved incident and far from being an accident. As soon as the video train approached the level crossing out of habit I suppose I observed first red signal. To me I would have thrown on the brakes. Even the signal had been irregular again I would throw on brakes to get confirmation from aspect of signal from train control and not proceed until signal confirmed and what was ahead of train further up the track and even then proceed with caution. None of this is apparent in this video and I do not know one train driver who would have ignored any warning system on board train or warnings from signals or train control etc and proceed at normal track speed. Hence why I think this video was a contrieved incident. And no Track this video isn't Australian. In fact have no idea where its from. But if this is how they drive trains in the country where this video is taken. I would rather walk

The Rail accident video i presume comes from a rail crash in Kismet California June 14th 2006. Took some time to locate it but tracked it down

The Rail accident video i presume comes from a rail crash in Kismet California June 14th 2006. Took some time to locate it but tracked it down

Yes it was.

Last night I found some NTSB and FRA reports, but not the final analysis report.

Tonight, I can post more if you want.

Interestingly, one of the crewman on the trains tested positive for cocaine.

I read that too Sys but it seems the blood test was inconclusive about the cocaine use. And have read comments from other Train Crew members in different Railroads in the US in one of their journals about this incident. It appears there was a similar rail crash in Texas in November 2006 and reference is made to that as well in these journals by Train Crews. Railwaymen are a pretty close knit bunch Sys and close ranks when accidents or incidents occur and discuss incidents amongst themselves. There are also photos of the Locomotives involved in this train crash. One photo shows the cab of lead loco I presume the camera train completely smashed in. Amazingly no one injuried seriously

And Sys if they NTSB had followed standard proceedure after a major rail incident. All crew members would have been tested for drug and alcohol as soon as possible. Within the first few hours of train crash. If not and Drug and Alcohol testing was done say the next day for example the testing would be deemed inconclusive and become irrevlent to the investigation. For example the Crew Member in question who was supposively tested positive for cocaine had been admitted to hospital had not been tested immediately and released from hospital with minor injuries and had gone home and snorted cocaine and then tested next day etc. Then the cocaine in his blood stream would be inconclusive to the investigation. I would like to read the NTSB report and conclusion. From what has been said yes the 2nd train had run a red. But the first train had a double yellow at level crossing. It appears red to me on video. Conclusion as this occured in morning that sun reflected on signal and was picked up on video camera

Users who are viewing this thread