Turkish carrier (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not yet it isn't, although that seems to be the plan since the previously planned F-35B purchase for the vessel fell through after Erdogan bought SAMs from Russia. Note it's multi purpose use.

The TB-3 drones now intended for it are still under development and yet to be integrated into the ship.

Incidentally the RN began trials of drones on HMS Prince of Wales back in 2021.

And there is an RN trials squadron 700X, involved with testing drones.

Back in 2021 the RN began studying the possibility of fitting the QE and PoW with "cats and traps" suitable for operating drones.

Last edited:
No... NOT a "Dedicated "drone carrier""!

A multipurpose amphibious assault carrier which will carry drones IN ADDITION TO ITS NORMAL MANNED HELICOPTER COMPLEMENT, and in addition to other mission equipment.

And that isn't any breakthrough, CVNs and BBs in the American fleet have been operating drones for decades.

IMO Dimlee may be correct. While operating drones off of carriers is not brand new, planning on integrating them to a major degree into their sea control mission ship is. I do not know if they are planning to use the ship for the Black Sea or Eastern Med, or both, but it is a next step type of plan.

I may be incorrect but I do not think anyone else is to that point with an oceangoing platform yet?

Incidentally, the Turkish plan to integrate drones into their sea control ship operations predates the possible loss of availability of the F35.

IMO Dimlee may be correct. While operating drones off of carriers is not brand new, planning on integrating them to a major degree into their sea control mission ship is. I do not know if they are planning to use the ship for the Black Sea or Eastern Med, or both, but it is a next step type of plan.

I may be incorrect but I do not think anyone else is to that point with an oceangoing platform yet?

Incidentally, the Turkish plan to integrate drones into their sea control ship operations predates the possible loss of availability of the F35.
A wild guess would be Eastern Mediterranean, and reason: History.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back