Uniform

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. I'm slow...need small words...slowly. Sounded like she was actually carrying one. My grandmother was actually a stewardess for a time when she was young...can't recall which airline though
I thought it was ironic that they were trying to promote non-traditional occupational choices for girls and they had electricians, mechanics, cops, and truck drivers galore, but Airline Pilot wasn't even on their radar, and they didn't even recognize one when she walked in the door.
Cheers,
Wes

Back in the day - when stews were young, female, attractive....and single!
Great time to travel. While in the service I was on a night Eastern Airlines flight from Tampa to St Louis seated in the last row on the DC 3. The hostess had served a sandwich earlier but hadn't picked up the tray so I took it to her and said "you failed to pick this up". Her response " may be I wanted you to bring it back". Those were the days :rolleyes:

Annnnd, back to the origin of this thread, Bill's jacket. Lookie what I found! :)

pp-360officersparty1945d.jpg

2Lt Billy L. Runnels (right, leaning on the piano)​

Photo and caption from 360th Officer's Party - 1945 .

-Irish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back