United Abominations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

102first_hussars

Tech Sergeant
Oct 3, 2005
Edmonton,Alberta
Megadeth's new album

I bought

it and i want my money back

the most decent song on the album is

Washington is Next! and alot of their riffs are totally ripped off of Trivium

I feel pretty dooped

'duped' - Hmm?

It's so weird how you can completely forget about something - I haven't thought about Megadeth in years - And err, yeah, I'm 'older generation' but still appreciated 'So Far, So Good, So What!'

Now the 2nd weird thing - We are always dissing the previous generation, and their music, it's a kind of defining characteristic of growing up and rebelling. This explains why I like Metal, Punk, Rock, etc. and hate Jazz... But, the thing is now that there is so much music, which covers so many years that the essence of rebellion is lost...

So... getting to the point - If the 'edge' has been lost, maybe you changed, or maybe the style of Megadeth has become 'ordinary' - just one of many bands thrashing out an 'old' type of music?...

Man did you open a can of worms, Clave. Haven't heard the Megadeth release, but judging from info Hussars gave, looks like they too have blossomed into yet another band spilling their music politik upon the masses. I recognize that is nothing new in music, but as I have gotten older, I now pay attention to lyrics and their meaning. And frankly, I don't listen to music that preaches to me. At least not willingly.

A real shame. All my guitar heroes either turned out to be bleeding hearts or flaming queens. Not sure what that says about me. :toothy5:

My only complaint with the album is that they are trying to make money off the masses by making the whole album a political album. Then again though Megadeth has allways been political.

Now having said that, I saw Megadeth Friday night and it was an excellent show! I really enjoyed it. I was just disapointed that they did not sing Countdown to Extinction.

Political albums is a hard one. I like my music to say something, and to have been written with purpose and passion. Part of the reason I despise pop or r n'b is 99% of the subject matter is 'oh baby I love you' written by someone else and then overproduced to make it marketable. There is a difference between bands such as Rage Against the Machine, Anti Flag or Bad Religion and the likes of Megadeth and Green Day. Whereas the former have always been political, and made no secret of their views, for a band to suddenly come over all 'oh we hate Bush too!' just smacks of bandwagon jumping

I agree with you. I prefer my music to say something but what I believe about the new Megadeth album is that it was written to sell to the majority crowd. If the world was 100% for US politics at the moment, the album would have been in support of it. Basically I dont fell he believes the songs that he wrote.

Basically I dont fell he believes the songs that he wrote.

Dave has always been the Anti-establishment
type

atleast in alot of his lyrics

Syphony Of Destruction
Holy Wars
Hangar 18

alot of his hit songs have that essence to it

I think I'll still buy it........ just wait till it gets marked down :)

I like political themed albums or concept albums general running theme always impresses me. 102first Hussars is the singer off lacuna coil involved in singing on the album? As I saw a promotional sticker on the album at a shop the other day. Cheers

Yes Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil sings with Dave on a re released versoin of A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) which is on the album United Abominations. Here is a link to the video with Christina Scabbia. I think it is pretty good. Damn she is so hot and the hottest woman in Metal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYGNE3MZng

I just wish he had played A Tout Le Monde Friday night at the concert.

I bought the album and I thought it was pretty good, best album that Megadeth has done in a while.

Like I said I dont believe that Dave really believes what he wrote in those songs though.

The other problem with political albums by big bands is that you feel if they really hated 'the system' that much, or really supported all those good causes, then perhaps they could give away some of their millions or sell a mansion to help fund alternatives. The obvious example is U2; hearing a multi millionaire telling us to give to the poor makes me want to throw something at the stereo

The obvious example is U2; hearing a multi millionaire telling us to give to the poor makes me want to throw something at the stereo

When you say U2, you mean Bonno, and Bonno holds dozens of charitable concerts and events a year to raise money for different causes, and he also donates large sums of money too charitable funds also, he does have a big mouth, alot like Paul Macartney, and i do feel the same way, he should be shot, but his actions do walk with his words though, so i do give him credit

Yes Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil sings with Dave on a re released versoin of A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) which is on the album United Abominations. Here is a link to the video with Christina Scabbia. I think it is pretty good. Damn she is so hot and the hottest woman in Metal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYGNE3MZng

Nice song, DerAdler.

The best way for an English girl to seduce a French man ? Speak French, damnit! ;) She isn't only hot, she's got a nice accent too.

However, I can say that Megadeth's singer learned French a looooooooong while ago and never really practiced it... His accent is really thick. It reminds me of the version of the song "Champs Elysees" that NoFX made a while back.

This song was originaly recorded by Megadeth in 1994 on the album Youthanasia. It was originaly not a duet. On the 1994 version the only one who is singing is Dave.

Here are the lyrics:

The parts in the chorus that are in brackets ie: [example] are translations from the actual lyrics.

Don't remember where I was
I realized life was a game
The more seriously I took things
The harder the rules became
I had no idea what it'd cost
My life passed before my eyes
I found out how little I accomplished
All my plans denied

So as you read this know my friends
I'd love to stay with you all
Please smile when you think of me
My body's gone that's all