USN Fighters Communication

ww2instc

Airman
10
3
Joined
May 6, 2020
With who were US Navy fighterplanes who were stationed on the Pacific Islands, in contact with on the Airbase while on mission? (With the Ground Control while on mission, and Control Tower to coordinate the landing)? Or...?

Who coordinated these missions (Command Post / Ground Control)? Did they have tents (or buildings where possible)?

(I'm not familiar with all of this, so Mea Culpa if this is a stupid question).

1589296800138.png


1589296959412.png

Air Vice Marshal Bill Bostock (right) with Australian I Corps commander Lieutenant General Sir Leslie Morshead (centre) and US Rear Admiral Forrest B. Royal at Morotai, April 1945
 
I would think so. Army pilots in New Guinea were in contact with base and radar ground control to get vector, altitude and other general instructions as to how to get to the enemy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back