Was this a typical paint scheme?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OldGeezer

Airman 1st Class
Dec 11, 2020
This particular profile has popped up numerous times in my image searches, but I'm wondering if it's typical of other aircraft in the unit or if it's just a set of personal markings that the pilot liked. The squadron markings obviously are standard, but what about the fancy stripes on the tail and spinners? I thought that being from the famous 8th PRS, I'd be able to find numerous others to compare it with, but maybe this one was just a completely unique example?
1623788933025.png

This particular profile has popped up numerous times in my image searches, but I'm wondering if it's typical of other aircraft in the unit or if it's just a set of personal markings that the pilot liked. The squadron markings obviously are standard, but what about the fancy stripes on the tail and spinners? I thought that being from the famous 8th PRS, I'd be able to find numerous others to compare it with, but maybe this one was just a completely unique example?
View attachment 627489
Found this one. Not the same PRU but has the stripes on the tail
1624297940658.png

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 627489
And this seems to have the spinners painted but you can't see the tail section

8prs-flightline.jpg

A mixture of F-4s and F-5s on the 8th PRS flight line at 14 Mile (Schwimmer), Port Moresby. The last aircraft in the line appears to be #37 which was lost on 26 June 1943 which predates the photograph. Provisional identities for the seven aircraft are as follow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back