We need new decals for soviets La-5F/FN !!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

With the recent researches regarding the color of numbers on La-5F/FN, I wonder why no decals manufacturer has yet released a serie of numbers with blue outline for the La-5F and FN? :(

Cheers
Stéph (Impatient......................) ;)

IMHO one of the reasons for that is the popularity of model kits. Contrary to Bf 109 and Fw 190 , the La5 /5F/5FN series isn't too much popular. Also the reason could be the limited info on the soviet kites.

Hello,

With the recent researches regarding the color of numbers on La-5F/FN, I wonder why no decals manufacturer has yet released a serie of numbers with blue outline for the La-5F and FN? :(

Cheers
Stéph (Impatient......................) ;)

Hello Steph,

Here are a few internet references that I've found quite useful:

Guide to Soviet Aircraft Camouflage

WWII and Great Patriotic War air forces

very nice reference source: VVS modelling

excellent info source: vvs air war

Basic Soviet Air Force Colouration, 1941-45

Modeling the Aircraft of the Soviet VVS

My curiosity about the VVS airplanes was piqued when I researched the Polikarpov I-16 for a model diorama I was planning. I never knew that little bird was so innovative and first with many features other worldwide mfgs. of airplanes were just beginning to think about. I would loved to fly that sweet bird; access YouTube and search it out... about six now flying; the videos are enjoyable. The I-16 search lead me to other information about the VVS and it's early encounters with the Nazi-hordes. The Nazi pilots had about three to four times the training and experience than the VVS pilots. If true, one can certainly understand the lopsided scores. As the war progressed, the Nazi pilots received less training and pre-combat experience and the VVS pilots received more... . The scoring began to almost even out from what I've read.

Anyway, hope the above references will prove useful to you.

Adios,

F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back