Wendover Airfield UT B-24 bombers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

daveT

Senior Airman
I'm looking for photos of B-24 bombers at Wendover Airfield Utah on the ground or in the air above Wendover. I have found only one so far.
B-24 Liberators on the tarmac, Wendover, UT - October 26, 1943.jpg

These are not really good "up close" but this is what I have initially anyway - 494th BG. When I get to more I will post them!

Tom P.

Attachments

• MaintEng.JPG
    MaintEng.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Tower.JPG
    Tower.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Navigator.JPG
    Navigator.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 161
These are not really good "up close" but this is what I have initially anyway - 494th BG. When I get to more I will post them!

Tom P.

Thank you. I'm writing a story about the place. For being one of the largest B-24 Bomber training Fields in the USA you would think there would be more photos somewhere. But I know photography was not allowed during the war

daveT].... looking for photos of B-24 bombers at Wendover Airfield Utah on the ground or in the air above Wendover.[/QUOTE] Have you contacted the Wendover Air Museum? Jim Peterson is the primary individual and should have some photos or leads. [URL="http://www.wendoverairbase.com/museum said:
Historic Wendover Airfield Foundation - Wendover, Utah[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back