What aircraft or era is this timepiece from? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cally

Recruit
Dec 16, 2018
Does anyone know what aircraft type(s) this clock was used?

Attachments

• Clock.JPG
    Clock.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 43
Does anyone know what aircraft type(s) this clock was used?
it is a smiths v308 from the 1950s. it was used on the v bombers, i.e. valiant victor and vulcans. it has the jaeger le coultre 8 day movement.
i had one, i put it in the dashboard of my 68 dodge dart. i used it for one week and four days and the mainspring broke.
i had it up for sale on ebay for a dollar for over 6 months and no one bought it. not sure where it is now.

it is a smiths v308 from the 1950s. it was used on the v bombers, i.e. valiant victor and vulcans. it has the jaeger le coultre 8 day movement.
i had one, i put it in the dashboard of my 68 dodge dart. i used it for one week and four days and the mainspring broke.
i had it up for sale on ebay for a dollar for over 6 months and no one bought it. not sure where it is now.
I was a member of the Dart/Valiant Slant Six Club of America.

Clock couldn't handle the vibrations from driving on the road? Probably somewhat rougher than flying in an aircraft.

I was a member of the Dart/Valiant Slant Six Club of America.
First car I picked was a used '64 Valiant 2dr with the 225 slant six and three on the tree. I wanted to go to University of Florida and be an engineer. My father made me an offer I couldn't refuse, If I would go to the University of West Florida, a brand new school, I was in the charter class, he would buy me a car. Picked the Valiant, got a math degree and ended up in the Air Force. I loved that car. Drove it to San Antonio to OTS. Many a time I would long to go and just sit in it (it was a part of the real world). Upon graduation I traded it in for '67 Malibu, a much better dating car. Loved that car too, dated my furture, and present, wife in it. I've always had a warm feeling about that Valiant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back