What are these? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

windhund116

Senior Airman
Jul 3, 2017
What are these "hook-like" devices on this painting of two Kates on this book cover? They are next to the yellow arrow.

Thanks!

Kate%20bomber%20with%20hooks_zpskzew3jdr.jpg

'Iron' sights, purpose being asuming the distance to the target (ship in this case).

I went through this book...

1600119757168.png

....and there are very few period photos of "Kates" with that sight arrangement. The book is only printed in Japanese but the 4 or 5 photos that show the sight seem to be during Pearl Harbor so I'm wondering if maybe it started there. Note that it is shown on the cover illustration above

I went through this book...

....and there are very few period photos of "Kates" with that sight arrangement. The book is only printed in Japanese but the 4 or 5 photos that show the sight seem to be during Pearl Harbor so I'm wondering if maybe it started there. Note that it is shown on the cover illustration above

Those are GREAT books! Lemme check my references.... only two I could find on Net. I would think that the diameter of those sights are much smaller, than what most models haves. Proportional issues common with many wire and hose structures in scale models.

Kates (1).jpg

Kate wreck.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back