What might this say ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bubblegum

Airman
22
5
Jul 16, 2025
Hi I wonder if someone could clarified what this says - Sgt. Holdsworth took off with he Squadron, almost immediately landed with his aircraft U/S???? What would U/S mean if thats what it says ... and also the end where is says he was a grand youngster and as ? as mustard

Thank you I am just learning to read operational diaries and I struggle to understand some of the abbreviations

Thank you for any help with this matter
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-12-28 at 14.07.39.png
    Screenshot 2025-12-28 at 14.07.39.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 42
Hi I wonder if someone could clarified what this says - Sgt. Holdsworth took off with he Squadron, almost immediately landed with his aircraft U/S???? What would U/S mean if thats what it says ... and also the end where is says he was a grand youngster and as ? as mustard

Thank you I am just learning to read operational diaries and I struggle to understand some of the abbreviations

Thank you for any help with this matter

U/S = unservicable i.e. it had a technical issue discovered after take off.

The expression is "as keen as mustard" i.e. eager & enthusiastic
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back