What Was the worst Aircraft of WWII?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D

Lieutenant Colonel
Apr 1, 2004
Yes, but C.C this is interesting. We would have been a lot better off on the beaches had the Tallboy been in active service, it could have taken out those bunkers on the beaches, and maybe a few artillery batteries.

I don't think they would have used Tallboy against the beach fortifications while our (meaning American, British, and Canadian) were on the ground. So Tallboy would have needed to be operational (with the Lancs modified as well) a couple weeks, at least, prior to D-Day. But they would have been very useful against the Atlantic wall and probably would have saved alot of Allied lives.

Not a couple of weeks, a few days and even hours before the first troops landed. We needed surprise.

So you drop them at several points along the coast, especially at Calais. They were doing it with ordinary raids. A few scattered Tallboy strikes along the coast would have kept Jerry totally guessing.

Yes. We in a good agreement they would have saved lives. Plus the Todt battery and other artillery batteries were not on the coast line which was attacked, so those Tallboys could have made short work of the 4 metre thick walls.

I don't think they would have used Tallboy against the beach fortifications while our (meaning American, British, and Canadian) were on the ground

i don't think that was the plan, we are, after all, not american, we wouldn't bomb our own people..............

The basic design of the Manchester was fine. When (which was rarely) the Vultures performed it was the best aircraft Bomber Command had at the time.

It definately wasn't the worst aircraft of the war, the B-25 Roc was.

Go forth C.C and bring me the crappest plane from World War 2, for this you will be rewarded.

If I were you I'd start on Chinese, French, Italian and possibly Romanian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back