What's the Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Seen?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is Dartmoor, down south near Stonehenge they have funny ways down there :oops:. The NY Moors have over a thousand burial mounds possibly thousands more. Outside of summer the cloud frequently comes down to ground level so you are walking in fog. We used to shelter behind the burial mounds, it is the only sort of shelter there is. As well as lots of bronze age and beaker people remains there are some of the earliest Christian sites in Europe outside of Italy. The region was part of the Kingdom of Northumbria which was comparatively rich and safe after the Roman empire collapsed. Despite all this you have no feeling of anything spooky or evil, more of a benign friendly presence, most people, including visitors say the same.
Dartmoor in nowhere near Stonehenge, 180K (112 miles) separates them. Dartmoor very much like the NY Moors is also home to many burial sites some dating back 4000 years and early Christian symbols from AD 400 on. As for spooky, not so much, but not a place you would walk in the dark, too many bogs to fall into. :D

Dartmoor in nowhere near Stonehenge, 180K (112 miles) separates them. Dartmoor very much like the NY Moors is also home to many burial sites some dating back 4000 years and early Christian symbols from AD 400 on. As for spooky, not so much, but not a place you would walk in the dark, too many bogs to fall into. :D
I was just joking with respect to the hound of the Baskervilles comment.

I was just joking with respect to the hound of the Baskervilles comment.
Not a worry. I just happen to have been a Dartmoor resident (not the prison!) at on time in my long life and walked much of it, I just love the place. But now I live to far away. :lol::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back