Whats (Watts?!) this prop likely from??? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And thats what I'm trying to establish tbh. In in this case, its likely. 90" diameter is pretty specific and unique for a watts type two blader. It completely rules it out as a prop for a number of aircraft - especially any with a Merlin (regardless of pitch orientation). Study pictures of Ansons manufactured in Canada and you'll also see that their props have brass sheathed leading edges (which this doesn't have) - and later marks also have spinners. Oxfords don;t ever seem to have had any. Many Oxfords had Fairey-Reed metal props. So there are LOTS of clues and indications of likelihood, if you can find someone with the knowledge to work things out by a process of elimination. Its that which has allowed me to get this far with the help of others. If I can unearth some more clues, its still entirely possible that I'll get a definitive answer. I'm hoping to find more hints under the paint,

PLease check this looking similar ...

WWII RAF Airspeed Oxford Propeller 1940

Users who are viewing this thread

Back