Why on Earth Are We Still Building Aircraft Carriers? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most European nations have had less of a need for navies. The European nations that tried navies was to try to counter one European nation with a honking huge navy. The U.K. is the European nation that requires a substantial fleet. Which require substantial buck$.

Most European nations have had less of a need for navies. The European nations that tried navies was to try to counter one European nation with a honking huge navy. The U.K. is the European nation that requires a substantial fleet. Which require substantial buck$.
I wonder how big the RN could be if they further neglected the army (as Britain always did before WW1) and increased overall military spending to 3% GDP. A Navy at least as large as Japan's should be possible. A big spend for the RN that does nothing for Britain outside of MAD deterrence, is the SSBNs. Essential, but perhaps the RN budget should be separated from the boomer program.

I briefly noticed a YT thumbnail about the UK actually cutting the Army's budget or reducing its size. I wrote it off as clickbait and I went on to Babylon 5 clips. Might there be something to the UK reducing the Army already?

I briefly noticed a YT thumbnail about the UK actually cutting the Army's budget or reducing its size. I wrote it off as clickbait and I went on to Babylon 5 clips. Might there be something to the UK reducing the Army already?
Latest info on strength of the British Army

A few years ago The Netherlands decided we had reached the end of history and wanted to heavily downsize their military. They decided to sell all their (mostly very nice, Leopard 2a6) tanks. Guess who bought them?

Unfortunately I think by sending these in piecemeal in Ukraine, we are giving the Russians a chance to figure out how to defeat them.

The British army is going to get gutted. I doubt however that the navy will benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back