WWII Glider Seat Pilot ? Arnheim NL dutch Airplane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

grip1

Airman
Dec 22, 2017
Hello
This is a barn find from the Netherlands Arnhem Market Garden. Is this folding seat of a us or GB glider plane?
Search help. Which plane is he otherwise ??.

He has two eyelets at the top and the back of the back. There are straps coming through!?
back. There are straps coming through!?

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 370
  • DSCI1405.JPG
    900.5 KB · Views: 192
i think it is from an airplane Glider WWII. Not from an Vihicle, Car !

Hello
what is this for an air crew seat WWII ?
Thanks

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
The seat of the Ju-87 gunner was without the back. Also it was of the metal mesh type because of the parachute the gunner could sit on.. What is more the chair had two seat belts attached. Additionally the seat had the central support for rotating of the seat and amortization.

As far as the Bf 110 is concerned.. it had the seat there either of the bucket type made of aluminium plate or it was of the oval mesh type with webbings but not of that dense weave and also without the back rest.

So I doubt it is from both mentioned above planes.

Thanks for the information. But they can not be out of a vehicle. It must be from an airplane. Does that still have an info

Really.. "must" it be ?.. if it would be so how it was attached to the airframe? Where is the room for the parachute?

Hello
But you also say that it can only be from airplane. I have 2 pieces of it. They are identical. Fixing eyelets on the back top and bottom. I have them from Arnhem where market garden fights have been.

However I have still doubt the chair was a part of any aircraft. It might have been a part of a glider as I mentioned that to you. But still getting an impression that could be a chair for fishing rather.

I thought you are an expert. Chair for fishing.
Joker!

I believe that only when you show the same. No way

Why not for fishing. It is folded with eyelets for straps. So it can be carried in an easy way. Also I would like to make a focus on the bottom "legs" The seams at endings look like welded ones.. If the chair frame is of aluminium, the way of joining seems to be quite rare and too modern for the WW2 items. It may suggest being a post-war.

Send me a photo of a same fishing seat?
Thank you for your help and information. Strange that you only now suspect it as an expert. No matter. Once there are planes or vehicle seats.

Users who are viewing this thread