WWII Glider Seat Pilot ? Arnheim NL dutch Airplane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been reading the above...just wondering Grip1...what makes you so sure that it is from an aircraft/ glider. If you could share your facts making you believe it must be from an aircraft then perhaps more people are able to help you identifying this chair. But I have to agree with the others...the only fact you give us that this item is from the Arnhem area...well, it is a bit thin.
Cheers Sander

Last edited:
I would say that\s a chair made by a farmer using a car of train seat modern base what is quite common at rular areas. I had a close up look at the one using the enlarged pics he had posted. I have to say that the stitching looks like made manually. I doubt it would be done in the way in any factory. And the canvas strips don't look like being of the material used for aviation. If it would be of any kind of plane it wouldn't be folded rather and there weren't the eyelets at the back top.
Anyway another so called collector who needed confirmation he wasn't ripped off or looking for justification for spending a lot of money because of his wife

Yep I agree. Sometimes I'm afraid a such guy could ask about the pilot's name and address having two rusty screws only.. So what about the GDPR.. ? .

Users who are viewing this thread