1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Me 262 B1a/U1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With an acrylic wash, I would wipe it away as soon as the sheen is gone and it turns flat.
Hello my friend:

This is how the kite look after removing part the wash and is in the process of being cleaned up with cotton swabs as Vic mentioned and recommended earlier.

The real beauty of this process as far as I've found is that you can literally leave several stains that enhance the camo and surfaces where the maintenance was performed.

Here's how the kite looks so far:
wash 001.jpg

Guess that after this first cleaning is complete, another lighter brownish wash will be applied to enhance several specific surfaces as around the cannons, the engine nacelles, gasoline hatches and the sides of the cockpit.

What do you think?

Greetings from Monterrey

Kalakan

This aircraft didn't see much service so would not have been too grubby. Factory tested in March 1945 after conversion to a 2 seater so a month on the line is all.

This aircraft didn't see much service so would not have been too grubby. Factory tested in March 1945 after conversion to a 2 seater so a month on the line is all.
Thank you again Crimea for the information.

Cause I was about to turn this kite into a really worn out, battle weary look.......:-k

So it was almost a brand new plane.... so it will be presented as such.

Gerry

Hello my fellow modelers:

This is the advance performed so far. (It has also been a quite busy week at work), and it seemed that they didn't wanted me working in the kite, knowing that I like to work until late in the night.....:-k

But I managed to make good my free time....

So, this is the cleaning works advance so far.... first how it looked after continuing removing the acrylic black wash paint, that to be honest, I didn't imagined it has going to adhere so tough in several surfaces of the kite (like in the upper wings above the engines, and in other surfaces it got wiped astonishingly easy)....

Water, a lot of cotton swabs and some vinegar is doing the trick so far.... and I find it quite relaxing cleaning the kite. Time flies as this work is being performed..... (and almost with no evident advance sometimes)..:grimacing:

Camo 01.jpg

And then this is how it looks now.
Camo 02.jpg

Then the horizontal stabilizers were finally glued and levelled.
Camo 03.jpg

And then the neodymium magnets had to be positioned and glued inside the lower cabin (package with a black dot of putty behind the rear seat)....
neodimium cabin 01.jpg

This in order to continue preparing the metallic cover i the cabin.....
deck 01.jpg

This is how the lower fuselage looked at the beginning of the week....
under Camo 01.jpg

And this is how it looks now. Guess that I´ll have to lower the clear details a further more......
under Camo 02.jpg

And finally I wanted to present the glass pieces in order to begin completing the cockpit. And this is how it looks now...
w glass 02.jpg

w glass 01.jpg

Now it's time to continue removing some more wash in several areas, apply some pigments and more black paint in the undersurfaces (under the knowledge that this kite was almost new), but just to add flavour and contrast to several surfaces.....

I have a question, matt or gloss finish to the complete surface my friends?

Have an excellent one and stay safe. :pilotsalute:

Gerry

Beautifully don and as for finished look, my preference would be a cross between a gloss and Matt, more a light sheen. :D
:D
Thank you very much for your kind words Vic.

I agree that the magic finish will be between both varnishes.

Do you happen to know what was the common finishes in these particular type of planes?

Regards my friend :salute:

Gerry

Good evening my fellow modelers:

Here's the weekend update of the work performed during this week.

I´d already almost finished both the tiny guys that will live inside this kite cabin (and agreed to behave themselves, btw). Having that theme already with advanced work, it was decided that it was time to finish both the clear parts and positioning the crew in place........

This is how the cabin looked before beginning with the works:

aCabin 011.jpg

Then here are some images of how it evolved along the week:
aCabin 012.jpg

Here is the first time that both guys were presented inside the cabin. This in order to confirm that the will fit in a more real posture....
aCabin 013.jpg

Meet Hans the WWII headless pilot testing the kite....
aCabin 014.jpg

Here is how the glued crew looked like before continuing with the rest of the cabin....
aCabin 015a.jpg

aCabin 017.jpg

aCabin 019.jpg
aCabin 021.jpg

Then it was time to locate the finished head of the bordfunker....
aCabin 022.jpg

aCabin 023.jpg

aCabin 024.jpg

Then it was time to complete positioning the rest of the geräts in place.....
aCabin 025.jpg

The idea was to locate the crew seated with a look alike sense that the were performing some activity.....
aCabin 026.jpg

Then it was time to place the head of the pilot in place (sorry about the fuzzy image)...
aCabin 027.jpg

In order to avoid the light can be appreciated from the outside, some dark panels were located in the sills and on the rest of the structure
aClear 01.jpg

aClear 02.jpg

And finally this is how the closed cabin can be seen (without having glued the clear parts to the fuselage).

This bonding works will be performed during this week after detailing a little more the cabin with the seatbelts, more cables, the Revi gunsight and several details that I guess that will be appreciated know that the clear parts are clean enough in order to guarantee that this works will be fully visible.....

apres 02.jpg

apres 03.jpg

apres 05.jpg

apres 06.jpg

Well beside detailing the cabin and the exterior details (such as the antennas and the gas tanks), it's also time to begin designing and working with the transparent display base in order to present this kite in its element......

Any ideas of how to display this kite guys?

Have an incredible week my friends........

Gerry :pilotsalute:

Like very much and certainly looking forward to seeing the finished product. :D
Thank you very much Vic.

I'm certainly enjoying this project.

Hope that during this week will have more advance my friend.

As you and Crimea suggested, also a matt finish will be applied to the surface.

Have a lovely week mi amigo :salute:

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back