1:72 Revell PT-13

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apr 22, 2016
High Bridge, NJ
I decided to try a start-to-finish of the old Revell PT-13 kit. Never done this before, so have mercy... I've had this in my stash for years.

During COVID I built a Monogram P6E

P6E.jpg

and decided it was time for another "yellow wings" aircraft. So here we go...

This kithas a 1982 copyright date kit, but the original is from 1965. Still a nice little kit with good detail and fine raised panels, etc. I may use the simple kit decals, which look good.

I filled some sink holes and mold circles using Perfect Plastic Putty.

I've taken to doing the flying wires with .008 guitar strings. You can see one stuck in one of the holes in the second photo. This time I made a start on drilling holes for them. You can just see them in the photos. Still a few to go. Now I need to work on cleaning up the struts, then on to the cockpit and how much to detail the engine. Cockpit is of course sparse and I haven't decide how much to put in it.

Wish me luck!

Dave G.

PT-13-parts-layout.jpg

PT-13-fuselage-wings.jpg

I decided to try a start-to-finish of the old Revell PT-13 kit. Never done this before, so have mercy... I've had this in my stash for years.

During COVID I built a Monogram P6E

View attachment 768075

and decided it was time for another "yellow wings" aircraft. So here we go...

This kithas a 1982 copyright date kit, but the original is from 1965. Still a nice little kit with good detail and fine raised panels, etc. I may use the simple kit decals, which look good.

I filled some sink holes and mold circles using Perfect Plastic Putty.

I've taken to doing the flying wires with .008 guitar strings. You can see one stuck in one of the holes in the second photo. This time I made a start on drilling holes for them. You can just see them in the photos. Still a few to go. Now I need to work on cleaning up the struts, then on to the cockpit and how much to detail the engine. Cockpit is of course sparse and I haven't decide how much to put in it.

Wish me luck!

Dave G.

View attachment 768073

View attachment 768074

Keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back