Tamiya 1/72 F4U-1D RNZAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff mate, but those 109 wheels won't fit... :)
What decals did you use? Tgey captured the 'painted over' look of the port roundel vert well (where the US Star was overpainted with the kiwi roundel)

Great stuff mate, but those 109 wheels won't fit... :)
What decals did you use? Tgey captured the 'painted over' look of the port roundel vert well (where the US Star was overpainted with the kiwi roundel)
These are the Ventura ones. Thin enough and strong colors. But also a bit stiff, fragile, and don't like to move 5 seconds after being put down. The port wing is a nice touch.

just about done. i need to paint the lights their proper colors.

Attachments

• IMG_4901.jpeg
    IMG_4901.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
it's 99% done i think. Turned out good. Bit light on the weathering. Not sure if i'll add the antenna wires or more chipping etc.

Attachments

• IMG_4906.jpeg
    IMG_4906.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4907.jpeg
    IMG_4907.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4908.jpeg
    IMG_4908.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4905.jpeg
    IMG_4905.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4904.jpeg
    IMG_4904.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4903.jpeg
    IMG_4903.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4902.jpeg
    IMG_4902.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
it's 99% done i think. Turned out good. Bit light on the weathering. Not sure if i'll add the antenna wires or more chipping etc.
Looking very smart. :thumbright: :D

Looks great to me mate.
These are the only photos of her I know of.
View attachment 772775
Source: NZ5416 - "TUTAE WERA"
Behind NZ5332, Rukuhia Storage Depot:
View attachment 772776
Source: Corsair "Tutae Wera" | Wings Over New Zealand
View attachment 772779
Source: 'Pacific Corsair - The Vought Corsair in New Zealand Service' by Robert E Montgomery, with David J Duxbury.
Great pics Evan, they have been added to mt collection for a big 1/32 build. :thumbright:

Looks great to me mate.
These are the only photos of her I know of.
View attachment 772775
Source: NZ5416 - "TUTAE WERA"
Behind NZ5332, Rukuhia Storage Depot:
Source: 'Pacific Corsair - The Vought Corsair in New Zealand Service' by Robert E Montgomery, with David J Duxbury.
i just noticed that this picture shows yellow bomb mission markings. Time to dig through the decal stash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back