13's.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-2.JG51-Black-13-unknown-pilot-belly-landed-Eastern-Front-winter-1944-03...jpg

TG48042-2.jpg

TG48042-3.jpg

Is this the one and the same bird and is the red spiral correct?

I'm not sure though. IMHO the spiral could be of the yellow or black paint rather. It may indicate the colour of the rudder and id band on the fuselage. It seems the pic was taken with the orthochromatic negative what caused the very dark , amost black appearance of the yellow colour. So if the spinner would be of the yellow and the spiral would be of red , there almost wasn't the difference in their tones seen.

Anyway, I found shots of another kite of the JG51. The bottom and right top ones present the same G6 plane. But the bottom one shows the tone of the id colour in the same way seen in the image of the 13. However the top right one presents the tone of the yellow paint applied on the three locations indeed. Therefore the difference in the yellow tone might be matter of scanning. And the yellow is correct because I have seen the bottom pic on the Ebay. The tone of the colour for the band and rudder is only slightly darker than the one used for the spinner. So ... the red colour of the spiral for the 13 is really possible.

002-jpg.jpg

The pic source: 1/72 Bf 109G-6, Stab IV/JG 51 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back