EDUARD 1:48 F6F HELLCAT BINGE BUILD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK. I see.

According to the SR-2c specification ....the US Hellcats , the fuselage top and some adjacent vertical surfaces reaching the tops of the wings also the leading edges of the wings and tail fins ... ANA 607 Non Specular Sea Blue - FS 35042. The wing tops and the vertical stabilizers of the same colour but of the semi-gloss tone ... ANA 606 FS 25042. Other horizontal parts of the fuselage, fin and rudder ... ANA608 Nonspecular Intermediate Blue FS 35164. Undersides of the ANA 601 Nonspecular Insignia White ... FS 37875.

Regarding the 5 percent aft from the leading edge of the airfoils ... the chord of the wing airfoil at the wing root in mm /100x5. The same for the wing tip. And the same for the tail.

View attachment 773191
You are a mine of information my friend, what would we do without you. This info is now locked in and stored. My thanks. :thumbright:

So much masking for so little spraying. Tamiya XF-17 Sea Blue for Non Specular Sea Blue on the leading edges. It doesn't go back as far as it looks. I'll let this dry and then spray the same colour along the top of the fuselage

IMG_3008.JPG

Thanks guys. Sprayed the NSSB and of course I missed a spot or two. I've only seen a photo of the aircraft that is centered around the cockpit area and if that is any indication of the demarcation between the two blues, mine is waaaaaay too neat; it is blotchy and not very straight. You can now see the NSSB on the horizontal stab

IMG_3009.JPG

I may tidy it up a bit when I get home. Camp bus in 6 hours, have a good week gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back