GB 36 Dissuscuion - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I'm reading this correctly GB-36 runs until 4 March 2018. Is this correct?
Looking through the "Stash" I've got a 1/48 Arado Ar234 C-3/4 which I opened but never began OR
an FW 200 C-4 "Condor". It is also in 1/48 so twill be a biggin. I don't have any 4-engine German aircraft and this beast made a very effective convoy spotter for the U-boats and could carry 900 Kg of bombs and a few even carried 3 torpedoes.
What do you guys think??

I assume it is the Trumpeter kit. I always look hard at that one when I see it on E Bay. Never quite had to courage to go all in on one as they get quite pricey and then mail charges and the Cdn. $ vs. the Benjamins. Go for it, I think we have a consensus.

Jeff

Yup, tis the Trumpeter kit, been sitting in the "Stash pile" for several years. I've also got a BIG old 1/48 Mistel Ju-88 / Me-109 kit. Purchased in a bygone era when I was ambitious...

As mentioned else where, my Ki.43 is on hold until I order some clear parts on Friday. These take up to 8 weeks delivery, probably floating them across the Pacific in a paper boat. In the meantime, not to be idle, I'm going to build 2 Macchi C.205s. One is Hasegawa and the other is Italeri's reboxing of the Hasegawa kit. I figure building them in tandem will be hopefully fast, the first being the test of the fit and then slam the second one together. I can also paint everything at the same time. I'm going to look for pics of the aircraft and then start but it won't be until after tomorrow. Her nibs wants to go to PG tomorrow.....Xmas shopping she says but more likely recon for Monday's follow up raid

I would like to do this bird as a second entry for this GB. The problem is that from what I've seen, they're calling it an A-9 and the kit I have is Accurate Miniatures Fw-190A-8 which is a re-boxing of the Eduard kit. From the line drawing below the picture it doesn't look like there is much difference between the A-8 and A-9, the biggest thing being the headrest in the canopy which is missing in the photo. So would there be any objection to me using the AM kit to depict this bird?

518247_c7977f22548bdc45a5cacb5501a07eac - Copy.jpg
IMG_2678.JPG

No problem Glenn. As far as I know, the only visible external difference was the 'blown' canopy with faired head rest, although apparently some late models might have got the wider tail fine designed for the Ta-152.

Great guys I can't wait to get started on it, probably tomorrow as I'm home, feeling better but still not well enough to drive.
I'll have to look and see what extra canopy parts if any are included in the kit.

No problem here Glenn. The reason you don't see the head armour in the picture is that the whole canopy is missing.

I might have extra parts around that could be useful. Will do some digging tomorrow.

With the 410 progressing nicely and if I don't run into production problems I should be finished with plenty of GB 36 time to spare. That being said, and I make no promises, here is what I have in the stash that I could consider for a third build. Suggestions or comments are welcome.

IMG_0002.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back