Southern Museum of Flight Birmingham, AL

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bigmerle

Airman
Dec 17, 2018
Anyone familiar with the Southern Museum of Flight in Birmingham, Alabama? I'm interested in the status of the TB-25N they acquired from the Chanute Air Museum in Rantoul, IL when it closed in 2015. I've tried to contact them numerous times (email) and received no reply. Their website suggests 100 aircraft but I can only find pictures of a handful, none of which is the TB in question.
Any thoughts?

Based on what little information that I can find, they have two B-25's. The Lake Murray aircraft and the one from Chanute (44-30635). With the Lake Murray aircraft displayed in its original Olive Drab, I'm presuming this polished one may be 44-30635. Warbird Registry - North American Aviation B-25 Mitchell - A Warbirds Resource Group Site

Lake Murray B-25, Exhibitions | Southern Museum of Flight

44-30635?, How the Southern Museum of Flight Takes Off

SMOF-6.png

Based on what little information that I can find, they have two B-25's. The Lake Murray aircraft and the one from Chanute (44-30635). With the Lake Murray aircraft displayed in its original Olive Drab, I'm presuming this polished one may be 44-30635. Warbird Registry - North American Aviation B-25 Mitchell - A Warbirds Resource Group Site

Lake Murray B-25, Exhibitions | Southern Museum of Flight

44-30635?, How the Southern Museum of Flight Takes Off

View attachment 724505
Thanks for the research mjfur. We probably had 1/3 of it stripped when the museum closed in the fall of 2015. Great to see it progressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back