**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 CF-104 441 Sqn Checkerbird - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Um, is the tank the right one? The long fin should be horizontal and facing inward.

1922281_659417330789067_1139540341_n.jpg

Good shot. I hadn't glued on the longer separate fin for the photo op so here it is all glued up.

1576862876476.png

I'll let this set up, do some final prep work and then hit it with gloss black. I've only attempted to spray gloss paint once and really wasn't sure when to add additional coats as it always looked wet. This produced some minor runs

Looking good Geo.
When spraying gloss paint onto relatively shiny plastic, it's best to have a thin primer coat, especially with black, red and yellow. A light coat of a mid grey colour will do the job, and will also help you to see the paint coverage easier.
It doesn't have to be a perfectly opaque coverage, as long as it's relatively even, to allow the gloss to 'key'.
Always spray gloss paints lightly, keeping the airbrush moving, building the colour in two or more coats, allowing some drying time between coats - it doesn't have to be fully dry, but avoid 'going over' the same area(s) too soon, as that how pooling and runs occur.

Thanks all. I'm going to attach the clear parts before painting. I'm glad I found my scriber/cutter thingee as the attachment points are 4mm wide on one side.

IMG_0001.JPG

A few passes and I got a nice flush cut requiring minimal clean-up. The scratches were there prior to cutting. Had I noticed I would have dipped it in Future. I've got some very fine sanding paper to take care of this

IMG_0002.JPG

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
by triplicate the thread? hahahaha ....
what a good solution that cut !!!!!!!!, I always cut a larger piece of the union and then sand it and polish but that would never have occurred to me, thanks for the idea (whoever, yours or of others) !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back