Ar 234 landing
What about T9+HH? He was also part of Kommando Sperling

T9+HH, Werk Nummer 140153, the Stammkennzeichen SM+FM flown by Lt. Wolfgang Ziese. She seems to came the squadron in tha same time the W.Nr. 140151 T9+KH.

What does it mean?

The Stammkennzeichen is the four-letter code that was given by the aircraft factory for the time it was delivered to the destination unit. The code was applied with quite easy removable paint and was replaced with the unit code by the maintenece crew in the squadron workshop.

Let me clarify, he was III./KG76 9 squadron?

Yes, that's correct.

BTW .... I would be careful with the Kommando Sperling emblem. Actaully I have found it on one plane of the squadron only. Just on the Lt. Werner Muffey's W.Nr. 140152. Neither the T9+HH not any other one from the known images didn't have it. So there is no evidence the badge was used for all of the unit planes.

As memory serves there were two T9+KH planes used by the Kommando Sperling.
One was the Werk Nummer 140349 and the second one was the W.Nr. 140151 just used by Oblt. Muffey. The 140349 of the Stammkennzeichen ( individual fabric code ) NM+BW damaged on the 12 the March 1945 and left on the runway at Rheine as a decoy and captured by the Allies on April 2. Earlier the aircraft belonged to the 1./Versuchsverband OKL. This is the aircraft ....
Arado_Ar_234_wreck_at_Rheine_1945.jpg

The 140151 came to the Kommando Sperling about September 1944. The Stammkennzeichen was SM+FK.
Just all I could find.
You wrote "NM+BW was damaged on March 12, 1945 and left on the Rheine runway as a decoy", but the number t9+KH is clearly visible in the picture. That is, this is Werner Muffey's plane

You wrote "NM+BW was damaged on March 12, 1945 and left on the Rheine runway as a decoy", but the number t9+KH is clearly visible in the picture. That is, this is Werner Muffey's plane

No it is not the Muffey's plane. It is the another and different T9+KH. Its werk nummer was 140349 but not 140151. Therefore I also used the Stammkennzeichen NM+BW to make the difference from the SM+FK that was the Maffey's aircraft.

No it is not the Muffey's plane. It is the another and different T9+KH. Its werk nummer was 140349 but not 140151. Therefore I also used the Stammkennzeichen NM+BW to make the difference from the SM+FK that was the Maffey's aircraft.
What happened to Muffy's plane?
As far as I know, at the beginning of February 1945 OKL decided to carry out renovation. 1.(F)/100 by combining Kommano Hecht at Byblis airfield
At that time there were only two aircraft 140153 and 140151

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no info on what happened to the W.Nr. 140151 of Muffey. IMHO the plane was used to the end of the war and then ,according to the orders, was destroyed like many others by its maintenance crew.

Media information

Category
Unsorted
Added by
Administrator
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back