Ar 234 landing
I have prepared a short summary. Please read it and correct me if I made a mistake somewhere.
Arado Ar 234B-2, Wk. No. 140312 served in III./KG76.
Transported to Sola Airfield in Norway, where it was captured by the British in May 1945 and then transferred to the United States by the Royal Air Force.
Renamed FE-1010, later T2-1010. ("FE" - foreign equipment)
All the paint was removed from it, apparently on purpose, then the Smithsonian Institution received it and began restoration and historically screwed up...
The fact is that Ar 234B-2, Wk. 140312 was originally numbered F1+DR, which is unknown when the Ar 234 was restored.
Therefore, the aircraft received the F1+GS markings of the 8th Squadron III/KG76, which was the first to receive jet bombers.
Most likely, the aircraft served in all 3 squadrons of the III regiment (group)
since the transfer of aircraft between squadrons was common not only during the war, but also at the end of the war.
Some say that the plane served in the 8th squadron, others - that in the 9th.
as the aircraft's historical tail number was F1+DR, it was automatically assigned to 7 Squadron III/KG76.
Another fact is that at the end of the war all Ar-234s are in Norway
were assembled under the command of Lieutenant Colma, who was the commander of the 3rd Regiment (Group) of the 8th Squadron. (Staffel)

Generally fine . but ... I would edit that ....

All the paint was removed from it, apparently on purpose, then the Smithsonian Institution received it and began restoration and historically screwed up...
The fact is that Ar 234B-2, Wk. 140312 was originally numbered F1+DR, which is unknown when the Ar 234 was restored.
Therefore, the aircraft received the F1+GS markings of the 8th Squadron III/KG76, which was the first to receive jet bombers.
Most likely, the aircraft served in all 3 squadrons of the III regiment (group) since the transfer of aircraft between squadrons was common not only during the war, but also at the end of the war.

with ...

Because all the orginal paint and markings had been removed from it before the Smithsonian Institution received it and began restoration, the aircraft received the F1+GS markings of the 8th Squadron III/KG76, which was the one of the first KG76 units that received the jet bombers.
Later it was found that Ar 234B-2, Wk.No. 140312 was originally coded F1+DR. So it looks like the F1+GS marking is incorrect. It is very likely the aircraft served in all 3 squadrons of the III Group since the transfer of aircraft between squadrons was common not only during the war, but also at the end of the war.

and

as the aircraft's historical tail number was F1+DR, it was automatically assigned to 7 Squadron III/KG76.
Another fact is that at the end of the war all Ar-234s are in Norway
were assembled under the command of Lieutenant Colma, who was the commander of the 3rd Regiment (Group) of the 8th Squadron. (Staffel)

with

as the aircraft's orginal code was F1+DR, it indicates she was assigned to the 7th Squadron of the III/KG76.
Another fact is that at the end of the war all KG76 Ar-234s in Norway were gathered under the command of Lieutenant Kolm, who was the commander of the 8th Squadron (Staffel) and moved all the remaining aircraft from Kaltenkirchen to Leck and then to Sola airfield.

What's the problem with simply answering a question to which you probably know the answer?
Equally I might ask what your problem is with buying a book on a plane which is of great interest to you? There won't be any books if people don't buy them, so supporting authors and publishers is a good idea, I think.

Equally I might ask what your problem is with buying a book on a plane which is of great interest to you? There won't be any books if people don't buy them, so supporting authors and publishers is a good idea, I think.
I have 10 ready-made camouflages and all of them without a historical description, and I need to post them before the beginning of September.

And this is taking into account that I have a lot of other things to do

Last edited by a moderator:
As memory serves there were two T9+KH planes used by the Kommando Sperling.
One was the Werk Nummer 140349 and the second one was the W.Nr. 140151 just used by Oblt. Muffey. The 140349 of the Stammkennzeichen ( individual fabric code ) NM+BW damaged in March 1945 and left on the runway at Rheine as a decoy and captured by the Allies on April 2. Earlier the aircraft belonged to the 1./Versuchsverband OKL. This is the aircraft ....
Arado_Ar_234_wreck_at_Rheine_1945.jpg

The 140151 came to the Kommando Sperling about September 1944. The Stammkennzeichen was SM+FK.
Just all I could find.

As memory serves there were two T9+KH planes used by the Kommando Sperling.
One was the Werk Nummer 140349 and the second one was the W.Nr. 140151 just used by Oblt. Muffey. The 140349 of the Stammkennzeichen ( individual fabric code ) NM+BW damaged in March 1945 and left on the runway at Rheine as a decoy and captured by the Allies on April 2. Earlier the aircraft belonged to the 1./Versuchsverband OKL. This is the aircraft ....
Arado_Ar_234_wreck_at_Rheine_1945.jpg

The 140151 came to the Kommando Sperling about September 1944. The Stammkennzeichen was SM+FK.
Just all I could find.
What about T9+HH? He was also part of Kommando Sperling

Last edited by a moderator:

Media information

Category
Unsorted
Added by
Administrator
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating